TIPS FOR THE BRIDE
- Please note these tips are guidelines that will help you to prepare for your Big Day.
- Prior to booking a consult please have your wedding/reception outfits and jewelry available, this will make things easy for both you and us.
- Please do try on all the jewellry before purchasing.
- Bring pictures of the desired looks you want to achieve.
- You are welcome to bring a family member or friend along to watch and help in your decisions, if needed.
- For Brides we recommend a Blot powder or blot film (MAC) for shine throughout the day.
- Lipstick touchup will be provided ("Brides Only").
- We supply pins only for our Brides, non bridal please have your own pins. A range of different size pins work best for duppatta pinning and larger pins for sarees.
- You must take care of your skin before your big day and inorder to achieve a beautiful and flawless look, you must CTSM (Clense, Tone, Apply a Serum and Moisturize, this should be repeated morning and night.
- CLEANSING will melt the dirt off the skin and nourish it.
- TONING is the key element for great even skin and will also balance your skin tone and reduce discoloration.
- Apply a SERUM before moisturizing, a serum will boost your skin cells upto 80%.
- MOISTURIZING with a SPF 15+ is very important to protect your skin from the sun and keep it young and healthy. Your skin will thank you.
- EYE CREAM, very important because the skin under the eyes is very fragile and delicate. By using an eye cream every day for the rest of your life will prevent and reduce dark circles.
- EXFOLIATE your skin once a week atleast, this will remove the dead skin and also great for calming acne.
- Any threading, waxing or facials should be done 3-4 weeks prior to the wedding day.
- Wash & Blow dry hair the night before. Please do not have wet hair, this will slow you down and delay more time.
- Any highlites, or hair trims|cuts should be done 3 weeks prior to your big day.
- Hot oil treatment for the hair a week before and after your big day will give you healthy shiny hair, and prevent a dry ichy scalp and split ends. Your hair goes through allot and needs a good oil treatment.
- For a natural remedy, mash an Avacado and mix it with an Egg & Honey and apply as a mask for 20 minutes, your hair will feel healthy, silky & shiny.
- Don't forget the one an only H2O, for well hydrated skin, drink lots of water. Well hydrated skin will give you the radiance and glow inside and out.
- For the tired and exhausted brides, drink hot water with cinnamon and honey for instant energy.
- Rose water is an amazing acne preventative toner for your skin and all natural.
- To obtain the glowing and radiant skin, mash an Avocado & Strawberry and use it as a mask, awesome results.
- GET LOTS OF SLEEP, you will feel great, energized and will thank yourself.
- Lack of sleep is normal for brides, a simple solution is to put cucumber wedges over the eyes to prevent puffiness, for the dark circles, peel, cut and put potato slices over your eyes for a 5-10 minutes for a couple of weeks and you will notice the difference.
- To keep your lips moist and smooth use honey or a lip balm (polysporin SPF 15) everyday until the day of your wedding. This absolutely works! Also exfoliating your skin will help make them smooth.
- For Ance prone skin, boil a carrot and mash it with some honey and apply it on the face for 10-15 minutes.
- For a natural glow, grind oatmeal and honey and apply as a mask
- Tradition classic natural exfoliate, mix chana flower with yogurt and scrub face, or use baking soda on its own.
- For a brighter smile, keep eating those strawberries, as they function as a natural teeth whitener.
- Awesome tip for the brides experiencing cramps, take a fresh pomogranate and sprinkle black peper and eat it. Pomagranate is an anti-flamatory and will replace advil and/or any other drugs.
#1 Tip: Save the facial, hotoil treament | massage & pampering for after the wedding, it is well derserved and you will enjoy it after the hectic moments during the wedding.
It is your Big Day, a day you have been looking forward to all your life and planning for months, enjoy it and cherish every moment. These simple tips and home remedies will help you prepare and prep your skin for the big day and make things more easy and effective.
MEHNDI FACTS > THERPUTIC PURPOSES:
- Henna is a coolant used to calm the nerves from anxiety and stress..
- Henna is great for filtering the toxins in your body.
- Henna can actually determine your Blood Pressure (darker > Higher | Lighter > Lower)
- Henna can be used to dye your hair.
- Henna is a great deep conditioner and treatment for beautiful and healthy hair if mixed accordingly.
MEHNDI CARE & TIPS
The darkness and intensity is a result of many factors: henna quality & body temperature have a lot to do with how dark the stain will be. Henna stains are darkest over 48 hours of application and gradually fades over the weeks.
Here are few tips to ensure and retain the darkest stain possible:
Follow the guidelines and tips above and enjoy the wonderful Art of Mehndi.
- There is no need for after care with 100% authentic Mehndi
- Keep Mehndi on for a minumum of 1hour upto 4 hours.
- Warmer the body temperature, faster the mehndi will stain as heat and moisture helps mehndi stain darker and faster.
- A mixture of lemon juice and sugar can be dabbed on the mehndi to keep it on longer and prevent it from flaking. However, this will not make much difference in the color's intensity.
- Avoid using plastic bags as it will cause perspiration and smudges of your design.
- Always scrape the Mehndi off, do not wash with water.
- Avoid washing your hands with water for the first 12 hours as water can interrupt the oxidization and darkening processes of the Mehndi stain.
- Avoid using any petroleum products such as baby oil or Vaseline as well as any harsh chemicals, exfoliants and moisturizers with alpha-hydroxy acid or bleaching agents. (Although they could come handy if you wanted to remove your Mehndi faster).
- Avoid shaving over your mehndi stain. Shaving removes layers of skin so you may want to shave around your mehndi stain to keep it looking its best.
- Your Mehndi could last from 1 to 3.